In less than two years as Member of Parliament for Winnipeg Centre, Leah has fought hard for Winnipeg Centre and the results are clear. We need to ensure she returns to Ottawa to continue putting community at the centre.
Since being elected, Leah has worked tirelessly with other elected representatives, frontline organizations, grassroots leaders, volunteer groups and community members to fight for climate justice, social justice, economic justice and human rights for all.
- Leah is leading a national campaign for a Guaranteed Livable Basic Income and has introduced
Motion 46 to support this effort.
- Worked hard in committee to pass Bill C-15, The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act
- In 2020, Leah introduced Bill C-232, The Climate Emergency Action Act - recognizing a clean, healthy and safe environment as a human right.
- In 2021, Leah advocated strongly for investment in critically-needed affordable, accessible social housing, resulting in millions of dollars for new housing units in Winnipeg Centre.
- She supported a push for Universal Pharmacare so that individuals and families can access life-saving medications.
In 2021, her strong leadership was recognized with her being included in Maclean’s 2021 Power List, which highlights individuals shaping the national political agenda in Canada.